Friday, September 11, 2009

I'm Comming Out With What I'm Writing

Well, okay . . . after over a year of blogging, I think I have the nerve to tell a little bit about my novel. The one I've worked on for almost eleven, yes that's correct, 11 years.

Logline: With the help of a friend, a thirteen-year-old girl is determined to keep her family together when her mother slips from a bad case of the baby blues into full blown mental illness.

There, now, that's not so bad. I stuck my neck out.

I've learned so much over the years I've worked on this story, CLAIRELEE A.D. (AFTER DISLOCATION). This novel is my first serious work, but not my last. I have another older middle-grade novel-in-progress about a road trip three girls take with their granny.

Presently, I am doing a complete edit of CLAIRELEE A.D., switching from first to third person, present to past tense, and other suggestions from a publisher I met at a conference. I have my fingers crossed, but not while typing, that the edits I do for the editor will please her.

Now, I must get back to work on CLAIRELEE A.D.

Until next time . . .



No comments:

Post a Comment