Friday, February 12, 2016

Feature Friday Toni Shiloh and Her Book A Life To Live



Author Toni Shiloh
Why is A Life to Live dear to your heart? It’s the first novel I ever completed. The sense of accomplishment I felt was overwhelming. To see it in print is a reminder that dreams can come true.


Tell us a little about who you are. How would you define yourself? A wife and mom. I’ve been married for ten years and a mother for almost eight. These relationships have changed me, made me a better person. My goal every day is to be the best wife and mother my family could ask for.


This is the best goal a woman with family can have. What do you hope readers will take away from this book? That forgiveness is necessary for ourselves as well as for others. It causes such heart ache and turmoil, but if we let God help us forgive we will experience a freedom only a forgiving heart brings.


How would you rate this book: G, PG, or PG 13? And tell us why. I would rate this PG because it has adult subject matter. There’s no obscene language and there is a kiss or two in the book.


What keeps you the most humble as a writer? Keeping God as the focus of my writing. I want to glorify God and use stories to help others see Him in new ways.


Is your writing journey as you envisioned it? If not, how is it different? That’s a great question. I don’t think I had a lot of expectations on my writing journey, even so, it has been an eye opening experience. There’s so much that goes on beyond writing the book.


What motivates you to get out of bed and head to your keyboard? The characters in my head. They keep talking to me until their story is done.


Those pesky characters! What have you learned recently about yourself, and how has it affected your writing? I’m a passive person and keep things bottled in sometimes. I learned recently about having an active voice and the importance of letting yourself be heard. The great thing about writing is it allows me to be uninhibited with my thoughts and share some things I believe.


What gives you the most satisfaction in your writing—besides "The End," that is? Having someone tell me they like it. I know that may seem like a simple answer, but having people from all walks of life tell you your story touched their heart…there’s nothing better than that.


 Oh, I so agree, Toni. What sparks your creativity when feeling drained? Music! I love music and I listen to it while I write. Sometimes the song’s words will fuel me and keep me going.


Tell us a few things about yourself some folks may not know.  My first duty station when I served in the Air Force was in England. My first day there, my fellow Airmen (aka coworkers) took me to dinner to introduce me to everyone. I met my husband that day and we’ve been together ever since. The only problem with my husband is that he’s a Saints Fan. As a die hard Cowboys fan, there is a little tension during football season. Our boys have chosen sides so our house is divided in the fall and somehow it still stands.


Who was the greatest influence for you as a writer? Oh, wow. There are so many great authors out there. Strictly romance wise…Becky Wade. Her writing grips your heart and doesn’t let go until your finish. Every novel I hope to do the same for my readers and to improve.


Thanks for the tip. I’ll look up Becky Wade’s books. How did your writing career begin and how long did it take to publish your first book?  It started while I was getting my degree in English. I took a creative writing class and my professor was so encouraging. I have always loved reading and thought I could write a story, but her encouragement turned my thought into a dream and dream into a reality. In 2014 I made a New Year’s resolution to finish a novel—something I had never done before. I accomplished my goal and self-published it March 2015.


What parting wisdom do you wish to give those of us not book published? Don’t give up. If God has placed a story on your heart, write it. If it helps just one person, entertains another, then it’s a success. 
Author bio –

Toni Shiloh is a wife, mom, and Christian fiction writer. She is a member of the American Christian Fiction Writers (ACFW), an Air Force veteran, and a member of the body of Christ.

She spends her days hanging out with her husband and their two boys. She likes to volunteer at her children’s school. When she’s not writing, she’s reading. An avid reader of Christian fiction, she writes reviews on her blog and enjoys helping other authors find readers.


She self-published a Christian contemporary romance novella, A Life to Live, and is at work writing her next novel.
 
Book Blurb –

Mia is headed to the famed Nottingham for a month long vacation. She never imagined she’d run into her high-school sweetheart thousands of miles away from her home town. Why would God throw them back together?

Caleb always regretted the way things ended with his high-school girlfriend, Mia. After a chance encounter in the streets of Nottingham, Caleb feels God is giving him a second chance to right the wrongs he committed. Unbeknownst to him, Mia has secrets that may require his forgiveness. Will her past overshadow his wrongs? As Mia and Caleb work through old hurts and broken hearts will they let the blessing of forgiveness redeem their relationship? 

Buy links – e-Book version available for .99 cents until Valentines Day



Social media links –







Blog I’m part of: http://puttingonthenew.com 

Thank you for joining us here at Feature Friday, Toni. 
Until next time . . . let's all read an inspirational book.

3 comments: