Monday, July 19, 2010

Uncle Tom's Cabin


By far, "Uncle Tom's Cabin" captivated me more than most any book I've read to present. I can see why it sold in popularity during its time, second only to the Bible.

Harriet Beecher Stowe, the author, had a calling, and she responded with passion. Not only did the book speak to me of how men can enslave other men in brutality, but of what happens when a person is brave enough to write what they're passionate about.

Harriet took a great chance, and I am sure she was persecuted for having written and published "Uncle Tom's Cabin." I hope I'm not afraid to pursue what I believe I need to write and in all honesty.

"Uncle Tom's Cabin" is on my granddaughter's school reading list. Glad to know schools are still bringing this fine book out in the open.

If you haven't read "Uncle Tom's Cabin," I encourage you to take the time. I believe you'll be glad you did.

Until next time . . . Read, read, read . . . Write, write, write.

No comments:

Post a Comment