Friday, December 25, 2009

Madeleine L 'Engle



What have I been doing? Reading my large stack of books and magazines (the writing variety), and working on CLAIRELEE A.D. (AFTER DISASTER). I sense the passage of time slipping, while I'm able to take advantage of these winter months of little outdoor work.

CLAD is coming along, as I read Madeleine L 'Engle {Herself}. She is teaching me to get out of my own way in my writing ClaireLee's story. To have faith in my creation. I do, but then I don't. So, the I don't needs to flee from me, so the story can grow.

I've changed the ending, given it more layers, as my friend, Siri, suggested. Will I never be done with this novel? How soon will I dislike it, once again? When that happens, I write through that disliking time and then work on something else to let my distastes simmer.

Ms. 'Engle also says, "To be creative is to die to self." Is that why sometimes I walk around feeling out of touch with all around me, yet more connected than before?

I understand that I will always write, even if I never get a book published.

Amen.

Until next time . . .



No comments:

Post a Comment