Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Pencil Appreciation Day

One of my teacher friends wrote and said today is Pencil Appreciation Day.

I smiled.

Ever since I was a first grade student, I had to have a very sharp pencil lead. Nothing less would do. That was one strange bit of behavior, even I noticed as a first grader.

I even got in trouble for going to the sharpener. The teacher thought it wasteful use of a pencil.

Maybe.

Today, I still have to have a sharp lead to write. I don't care if I'm ready and sitting down to work, if my pencil is not tack-sharp, I get up and sharpen the thing.

It's my tool. My tools have to be top-notch working order. Especially the pencil.

My hat's off to Pencil Appreciation Day. But, I won't hug my pencil. I'll use it, wisely. Like write.

Until next time . . .



No comments:

Post a Comment