Saturday, March 14, 2009

Horn Book

I've received my first two issues of Horn Book and truly enjoy them. I'm gobbling up the articles by authors and the reviews on books. I appreciate this little magazine and wonder why I didn't subscribe before now.

I tried to spread out my time with this second issue over a few readings, but, no. I couldn't put this one down. I enjoyed the snippets of several versions of "The Three Little Pigs" books. Ingenuous writers indeed. Great article, also!

After I finished the whole magazine in one sitting, I sensed the excitement and desire to do a retelling of my favorite tale. Hmmm, maybe "Little Red Riding Hood?" I'll do my research and find out if I can do my own unique take on that little girl's story.

To surf the Horn Book site and see the many wonderful offers to get your own subscription online or by mail, click HERE.


Until next time . . .



No comments:

Post a Comment