Tuesday, November 8, 2011

My Own Version Of NaNoWriMo

I wish I could be involved in NaNoWriMo, but Novembers are crazy, busy for me. Then, I thought of my New Adult story written in pencil on a legal yellow ledger. It's my new work from last winter. What could I do to push myself to enter that first draft into Word?

Then, it came to me. I called my friend Lisa. "Guess what I'm doing in a kind of NaNoWriMo?" Then I told her about my story that I needed to get into Word.

Lisa said, "I'm doing something similar."

Wow, great minds and all, you know.

Lisa laughed. "We'll call it NaNoWriLite."

Yes, I like that.

So far the project is working. I've marked the page count of each day on my calender. I'm behind five pages of SEASON OF THE FAWNS, but I can catch up.

Until next time . . . write, write, write, NaNoWriMo.

2 comments:

  1. Jean, this is a great workaround for real life.
    My grandmother's mantra was, "bit by bit," which ties in with how you're fitting writing into a busy life. It's amazing how much really can get done by chugging away at a project regularly, even if it is done bit by bit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Siri, your grandmother was smart! If I've learned anything about the struggles with writing, it's that to do only a little is better than to quit.

    Terry, our mutual friend, said that to me once about taking a story and editing it a little bit at a time.

    Thank you for stopping by and commenting.

    ReplyDelete