Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Love is a Verb Devotional


To date, I’ve published over three-dozen magazine articles and short stories, but that’s about to change. Soon, I’ll be able to add to my list of clips a short devotional for a book anthology.

Bethany House accepted my story for the Love is a Verb Devotional, a Gary Chapman and James Stuart Bell Project. There are over 180 devotionals included in this book, and I still need a pinch as a reminder that mine is among them.

My story is about a difficult relationship I once had and how God changed my heart. That’s all I’ll say about that, but I’ll let folks know weeks before the book is scheduled for release.

I learned how to write devotionals from Donna Clark Goodrich’s chapter on devotional writing in her book “A Step in the Write Direction”. Donna gives common sense, easy to understand rules for anyone wanting to write for the Christian market. To order her book go to her site.

Also, Donna has a call out for submissions for Hidden Brook Press. It's for a crossover market, so more on the inspirational bent than "Christianeese". Donna needs anything that is poetry, haiku, short stories, micro prose, essays, memoir/remembrances and recipes for relating to Christmas. You may E-mail Donna for more information at dgood648@aol.com.

I’m working on another devotional project for Bethany House on Supernatural stories and hope to have a repeat of more good news in the months to come. If you're interested in submitting a story for that project, please contact me by way of comments and I'll forward you the information.

I am praising God for allowing me to share in a devotional what He has done in my life.

Until next time . . . write.



No comments:

Post a Comment